Monday, February 8, 2016

Week 28 - This Week

 In Hamilton Gardens


Hello hello,

Well this week was great. Really great. We did so much! We had 5 investigators at church and they all loved it!!! Sister Taylor bore her testimony in Spanish for our Columbian family and the rest of the ward just looked so confused haha. But it was awesome, my comp is a star. But crazy because the Columbians kind of dropped us on Thursday, right before our lesson with them we got a text saying they found the Pentecostal church and felt at home there. I am not fond of that church. Truly. So my comp cried cause that's the first time she got dropped and I tried my best to console her (comforting people is not my thing). And then I gave her a really awesome pep talk and said we have to go back there and talk to them. So we called up Brother Potter, who speaks Spanish, and went back and basically the whole thing was that this other Columbian,  who was actually baptized a year ago and is now super anti, had befriended one of the sisters and led her to her church. But the rest of the family still wanted us to come over. So problem solved and with the help of a super spiritual lesson the whole family came to church and brought the Pentecostal friend with them hahaha. So good.

We had zone conference this week=stellar. And exchanges again. So much fun!
I think the biggest thing I'm trying to learn right now is to let myself be content and happy with my work. I like to go big or go home, be the best I can be at something. But I have to realize that some things are out of my control and that the Lord really is pleased with the work I am doing. So even though I know there is always room for improvement, I've been trying to give credit for good things where credit is due.

Anyway, it's been a great week. I'm never leaving New Zealand. The church is true. My comp is the BEST. And the Savior loves us all more than we can comprehend.

Arohanui!
Sister Machen

PS. RIP Daisy the dog. Truly a beloved pet. Tbh I actually cried reading dad's obituary...  she'll be waiting at the gates of the celestial kingdom hahaha.

KFC rocks in NZ fyi!!

No comments:

Post a Comment