Monday, September 19, 2016

Week 60 - Write Me Family


I play the guitar now
Hello hello!

Another week that felt like a day. This week I was sick for the first time on my mission (I have been so blessed), but it wasn't even bad. Anyway, for like three days just ONE eye would randomly get all red and start leaking (thanks mom) and people would get all concerned that I was getting emotional and whatnot. It was just annoying. But I still saw many miracles with my one good eye.. aha so funny.

We found a new investigator couple, Kelly (male) and Katie, and we taught them the Restoration the very next day. It was one of the best lessons I have ever had on my mission. When we introduced the Book of Mormon, right away Kelly was like, "Oh I want to read that book!" And I was like wut. Speechless. It was so cool. And was an experience that I haven't had in a very long time.

We had an opportunity to be with a big less-active family that was remembering their sister that passed away two years ago, and the only active one (the grandfather) asked us to share some thoughts to his children and grandchildren about the plan of salvation. I was able to see the effects of straying from the gospel in a family that once knew the truth and I was just so grateful for my own family and the fact that we LIKE to be together and the principles of the gospel are a normal and daily thing. That family had forgotten and was treating lightly the precious truths of the gospel. It was a stark contrast to my own and I just hope those of us who do have the blessings of gospel in our families do not take it for granted!

Lastly, last week we taught primary about missionary work and invited them to share the gospel. We followed up yesterday and those kids are the bomb. One read the BoM with his friend at lunch, one invited and brought her friend to the Primary activity, and one actually brought her friend to church! Kids are the best and we can learn loads from their example!

Hope you all have a great week and write me next week family...
Sister Machen


Sister Kendall and Me




1 comment:

  1. Nice Guitar Sister Machen lol. It looks vaguely familiar ����. Have a great week and see you and Sister Kendall at Choir - Bro Grant Mikaere

    ReplyDelete