Sunday, December 4, 2016

Week 61 - Sept. 25, 2016


Hello family!

Daylight savings happened here in New Zealand so now I'm really confused about what time it is back home but I assume you are home from church and now have one hour to write me while I'm still emailing:) I expect to hear from all of you!!

This week went so fast. We went on exchanges and had some really cool experiences. We had a zone conference with President Cummings and got great training. And we did more service in the ward garden!
On exchanges I was with a new missionary who was leading her area and we had a lesson with a CRAZY lady. I went into this set appointment only knowing that she was "blunt and a little rude." She proceeded to smash us, the church, God, Jesus, and the BoM for nearly 40 minutes. Whatever we said she shot down, my favorite line was directed at me, "You will never know what I have been through little lady." The trainee I was with was awesome, she showed such love to this woman who really truly hated us. Finally Sister Welker spoke up and expressed her love for the lady, told her we would be here when she was ready and testified of God's love and concern for each of us. And then we left. I was so proud of this missionary! Afterwards I felt no unkind feelings for the lady, I just felt really sad for her. She doesn't see how much Our Father loves her, and all of His children. But we as missionaries can only help those who want to be helped. And pray for those with hard hearts.

Zone conference was cool! I was shocked at how many missionaries I didn't know... all the ones I know are home haha. But we were reminded of our commission to "teach Repentance, and Baptize Converts." I loved what we learned about repentance, that it is truly getting rid of the bad, and improving the good. We need that repentance everyday to become more and more like our Savior Jesus Christ. I know it is possible through His enabling power.
Hope everyone has a great week!

Arohanui,
Sister Machen

No comments:

Post a Comment