Sunday, December 4, 2016

Week 63 - Oct. 16, 2016 Transferred to Gisbourne!


Road Trippin' with Sister Teihotu
Malo e lelei!

Guys. I love Gizzy. It's a golden area! This week was great. Last Monday straight after emails we had to head up towards Hamilton for MLC on Tuesday. My companion was sick so I took up Sister Teihotu to stay the night in... Tauranga! I just left that place but got to go back for a bit, it was awesome. We stayed the night with the STL there, Sister Johnson, and early the next morning she and I made the rest of the trip to Hamilton. It's been a long time since I've been at MLC and all the mission leaders are like... so young! And I barely knew any of them, it was weird. But after a great meeting we got back to Tauranga too late to make the 5 hour trip back to Gisborne so we stayed another night and finally got home on Wednesday. I didn't like being away from my area so long, but the drive was gorgeous and the meeting was so good! So this week feels short. But Thursday we had zone meeting, Friday we sang at the rest home, Saturday we cut our investigator's lawn (& my finger) with a machete, had 7 investigators at church on Sunday and are preparing 4 FHE's today. Seriously. I love this place. I love being busy! I'm really never leaving. This week I've been studying a lot about Joseph Smith, it has been a humbling and sacred experience as I have seen my testimony transform. I'm SO grateful for Joseph Smith and the sacrifice




s he made to usher in the Restoration of the gospel. No wicked man could do it, and no good man would, unless he were commanded by God to do so. He was! Anyway I hope you all have a great week and enjoy fall while I enjoy the sun. SUMMER IS COMING!!

Ofa atu,
Sister Machen

Reppin' Gizzy

No comments:

Post a Comment