Sunday, December 4, 2016

Week 67 - Nov. 13, 2016 Earthquake?


Malo!

I'm alive! I slept through the earthquake... yet again. So yes, we're all fine and dandy. Just have to stay away from the beach.. it's practically our backyard but all good. This week we had SO much going on. Took another trip up to Hamilton at the beginning of the week, had a blast on exchanges, prepared for our baptism that we couldn't go to because it took place back in my last area (ironic), had three activities to coordinate/invite everyone to, got dropped and picked up again, etc.

So two main experiences, the first was on exchanges. I was in my area with Sister Clegg, and I have really been trying to focus on following the spirit better. So after about 15 minutes of trying to find a certain person's house I finally gave up and said well I guess we're not supposed to see her today. Then as I was trying to decide where to go instead, my companion suggested we pray. Right after the prayer a name came into my head, but I thought she was out of town. We went anyway and sure enough she was still away. So I kind of shook my fist at myself for not getting what Heavenly Father wanted us to do. So we decided to knock some doors around her house, and nothing. When we first pulled up, someone had pulled into a neighboring driveway and was sitting in their car. Now knocking on people's doors isn't fun, but knocking on people's cars is dreadful. But that was the only person we could see. So we went and talked to this couple. During our conversation the woman rolled her eyes and went inside the house, but by the end of the conversation this man was asking questions about prayer and setting up a return appointment for us. So cool! Anyway that was long for such a small miracle but it was big for me. The spirit leads you to places where people are not interested so God knows He can trust you to still follow Him when there are people ready.

The second thing was on Saturday our investigator, Mama called us and dropped us. She wanted to find out the truth about Joseph Smith and prophets but felt she needed to time on her own to do it. I left my witness of the BOM with her and our love and we hung up. About an hour later she texts us saying that as soon as she "let us go" she felt Jesus leave her. Then she asked for a ride to church because the only place she feels Jesus is in the Mormon church. I wanted to laugh and cry and punch something. Heavenly Father must have so much patience.

Well that's about it! This work is miraculous, life-changing, and so demanding. And it's true. I love it. I love you all, have a great week!

Ofa Atu,
Sister Machen

So much love in this home.

I'm serving in Paradise!

Nasya got baptized! (not that day)

Driving up the coast









No comments:

Post a Comment