Friday, March 25, 2016

Week 34 - My Baptism Wish

Kia Ora whanau,

This week was fabulous. We set our Chinese family with a date for baptism in April!!!! SO EXCITING!!! We were in the middle of teaching the gospel of Jesus Christ and asked if everything made sense or if they had any questions and the wife, Ada, goes, "when can we be baptized?" Picture in the "Best Two Years" when all the elders are looking up to heaven when the phone rings during the prayer and angels sing Hallelujah... That was basically me and my comp. I couldn't help but just grin and laugh. They are just so prepared and humble! I love them.

We went on exchanges with the Tongan Sisters so I was walking all day in the glorious sun and brushing up on my Tongan... all I know how to say is "yes." But they were good and it's always a fun time with those sisters. We went to the Elders' baptism and sang another musical number but this time we made sure to get a pianist and practice before so it was MUCH better and nobody's ears were bleeding. (My ears are currently bleeding because someone is playing the bagpipes really bad right outside the chapel.)

Oh and one more fun thing is that we got rear ended on Saturday. But good thing we were in the Lord's car and didn't get hurt and the car has like one tiny scratch on it 'cause the bike hitch saved our tail and destroyed the other person's car. So it was a good time and the first crash Sister Taylor has been in so she was actually slightly in shock... but she recovered and just started laughing so that was good.

Anyway, I have one wish since my birthday is this week... I would really LOVE if I could hear some of your personal conversion stories. Just an experience or moment in which the spirit really testified of gospel truths and you felt you had a testimony. I would extra love it if my family could ALL do it:) Hearing members' conversion stories and testimonies is one of the best things about being on a mission and so I reckon it would be even better coming from people I love! Okay thanks, thanks, thanks, have a great week!

Arohanui,
Sister Machen



No comments:

Post a Comment