Monday, March 28, 2016

Week 35 - Easters!!!

Happy Easter!!!

Thank you to those that sent packages for Easter and my birthday! Even though I don't even know some of you, I really appreciate it! So Easter in New Zealand is 100% about chocolate Cadbury eggs. So that gave us a great opportunity to share the true meaning of Easter with so many people! Yesterday we had a lesson with a part member family that we hadn't seen in a while and the 8 year old girl didn't even know who Jesus Christ is (tears). So we shared a bit about His life and then the reason for the season and then asked each family member what it means for them personally that Jesus Christ lives. The little girl replied, "I really love Jesus. Because He lives, He can help us with everything." I gave her a high five cause that was spot on. I love Easter, this year and, of course, I appreciate it so much more! We have been able to share the "Because He Lives" video from last Easter with a lot of people and I love it. I am so grateful for a knowledge of my Savior, and the understanding that because He lives today, I can live again with Him and with my family.

This week we went on exchanges yet again and I got to be with my old comp Sister Asiata! It was so cool to see how much we have both grown and changed since we were together 5 months ago. And I got to spend part of my Birthday with her! She goes home in three weeks and I think it was something we both needed. I am so grateful for all my companions and the things I've learned from them. I love her!

Had a great birthday! Our recent convert Aunty Alwyn from my last area came to visit and brought me a cake (LOVE HER). And an American family had us over for dinner on the day and made fajitas so it was preeeeettyyy great. Made me feel like I have family here! Hope everyone had a great Easter!

Arohanui,
Sister Machen



Happy 20th Birthday!


Aunty Alwyn brought me a cake!


Random Buddha?

No comments:

Post a Comment