Monday, January 4, 2016

Week 24 - New Year!

Hey Fam,

First and foremost, I want to make a big shout out to the 17 year old girl from Auckland that jumped 15'2" or something and broke the world junior record. And she's probably one of the youngest to compete at the olympics, at least for track. So basically she is my fav now just cause she's from NZ. Watch for her at Rio!!

This week due to my speeding ticket (lol right before Christmas) and our limited mileage we actually had to bike. I know I'm spoiled with the car but seriously biking in a skirt is one of the worst things on the planet. Especially when it's so hot and humid and the hills are death and your companion hasn't ridden a bike much before. So the adventures began and the soreness set in.

Random fun fact, we met a Filipino couple on the street and the man kept saying I looked familiar to him, that I had come to his house the week before with a tall man....  He was set on the fact that it was me lol. So options here are that it was a dream and he saw me in his dream coming to his house, or he gets white people mixed up, OR I have a disorder where I don't remember things and I was disobedient cause I left my companion. So I'm going with the one that he had a dream about me cause he's gonna get baptized.

Fleas are a huge problem. I hate them; more than anything in the world I hate fleas. They itch for a whole week! I couldn't sleep I was so itchy and then they leave nasty purple scars, so yayyyyy. I think it's cause everyone and their mother here just had a cat that had kittens. Soooo many cats everywhere.

New years was pretty low key. We set our alarm for 11:55, woke up said HAPPY NEW YEAR and went back to sleep. Great times.

That's pretty much it for the week! Had a great training about change and it all starts with US. You have to just start where you are and have the faith to take the first step. Lots of things to change in all of us! We have a long way to go before we are prepared to live like gods with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ again. The church is true!

Love you all heaps,
Sister Machen

No comments:

Post a Comment