Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Week 54 - Congrats A & A!!!


Hey Whanau.

I don't even know what to tell you but it was another good week haha. We finally got one of our investigators to come to church yesterday and she loved it! It was exactly what she needed to help her feel at peace with the things we have been teaching her. Funny thing though, I bore my testimony (as a promise to her for coming), and might have shed a few tears about eternal families and the plan of salvation (shout out to Aaron and Amy, who were having their reception at about the same time!). But afterwards she gave me the biggest hug and asked, "when did your brother pass away?" LOL she thought Aaron DIED. Pretty funny cause she probably didn't understand the words "sealed in the temple." Anyway that made the day a whole lot better!

Some things from the week-Sister Mitchell witnessed a lady breast feeding her child right in front of us and freaked out; we helped two people move; had zone meeting; and found out Sister Mitchell is a very talkative sleeper-she also laughs and cries in her sleep. I am so entertained at night. I love being with a new missionary and re-experiencing all the wonders of missionary life!

We found some awesome new investigators this week, a couple from India (pray for them..) and a cool lady from Turkey!! We are seeing the miracles happen here, slowly but surely. and I can't emphasize enough how important it is for us as members to fulfill our missionary responsibilities. We can't do anything as missionaries if we don't have the help or support from the members we serve. So ask yourself, "am I a good member missionary?" And get back to me :) I love you all! Have a great week!

Arohanui,
Sister Machen


Felt like I was right there watching the happy couple come out of the temple!


Got the announcement two days before the wedding-that's why I couldn't make it...





No comments:

Post a Comment