Sunday, June 26, 2016

Week 47 - Bye RUDDS!


Huria Marae


Well this week was good and hard and sad and happy.

We had a last zone conference with the Rudds on Friday and said bye to them. I am so appreciative of everything they have taught me and helped me to become. They are so special! We sang "God be with you 'til we meet again" and of course everyone was just bawling like idiots. But I'm grateful I'll be able to annoy them all the time cause they just live in Sandy haha! We had the conference on the Huria Marae in my area and we went through the whole ceremony of being welcomed onto the marae and doing the hongi with all the old men and women, where we press our foreheads and noses together and like stare into each other's eyes. It's slightly creepy and very awkward, but it represents God giving Adam the breath of life and it's really cool!

We lost our one progressing investigator cause she is moving and so we were all gutted and sad but then were able to have a really solid lesson with a new part member family and that lifted our spirits. Sometimes the Lord takes away something good but He always prepares something better!

We were asked to speak in Sacrament meeting yesterday about the Book of Mormon and so that was really good for me to study more and I realized how essential it is for us to be reading from the Book of Mormon DAILY. Yes the Bible is great and the Ensigns and everything are wonderful, but the Book of Mormon is the most important. After I spoke, our Bishop quickly got up and expressed his prompting to exhort us all to read it everyday, and if we are not already doing it, we need to start now. It was slightly scary but so powerful! It's truly the only way we can withstand the temptations and deceptions we face everyday.

I know the Lord has prepared the means for us to have success and be happy each and every day, and those things are found in His word. Hopefully, you are all reading it everyday, I know it's true. I love this gospel. And I love you all!

Sister Machen





Huria Marae


Huria Marae Outside


Inside Huria Marae with Sis. Suk


Sis Machen and Sis Suk


Sisters


No comments:

Post a Comment